Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Climbing Stairs: Intermittent Moving Weight Loss Strategy

Climbing Stairs: Intermittent Moving Weight Loss Strategy
https://amzn.to/33AdwA8

Weight loss strategies come in all varieties. There are many ways to lose weight by adding intermittent moving, small amounts of moving throughout the day. But some find a good thing and stay with it.
Take, for example, the stair-climbing, intermittent moving weight loss strategy created by Holly, a 24 year-old London marketing assistant who lost 13 pounds.
For Holly dieting attempts had not worked but a desire to shape up for her pending wedding drew her interest to a group in her workplace. Members of the group took stairs instead of the elevator when possible. In addition, they spent part of their lunch hours doing mini-workouts on the stairs.
“ ‘Stair climbing proved to be an easy exercise to lose weight, it fitted in with my day, didn’t feel like exercise and I didn't feel at all self-conscious. I downloaded the StepJockey tracker App and by climbing up and down the 100 stairs to my fifth floor office three times a day, I was burning 481.8 calories a week! It wasn’t long before I was looking for more stairs to climb. I started climbing the stairs rather than taking the escalator at either end of my commute and clocked up an extra 814 steps a week (and escaped the overcrowded lifts).
“ ‘I burnt an extra 195 calories a day by just climbing the stairs. Overall this added up to 44,905 calories over the year, which is the equivalent to 22 days of food or 4.99kg of fat. I was amazed by the results, my BMI dropped and I went from being overweight to a healthy weight. Better still, I had an amazing wedding day!”


For more ideas about controlling your weight, see Intermittent Moving, How I lost my pants and mastered weight control, Move More • Sit Less • Master Your Weight. https://amzn.to/33AdwA8

No comments:

Post a Comment